Meet Dr. Humayun Anjum
Pulmonary and Critical Care Physician
Dr. Humayun Anjum began his medical journey after graduating from DowMedical College in 2001. He completed an internship in medicine and surgery at the Ziauddin Medical University Hospital and Mayo Hospital/King Edward MedicalCollege in Pakistan. His journey continued with an internal medicine residency at Columbia University in 2006, followed by becoming an attending hospitalist physician at Sutter Memorial Hospital in Los Banos, California.
Dr. Anjum’s next stop was Chicago where he completed a fellowship in pulmonary and critical care medicine at RUSH University/John H. Stronger Jr.Hospital in Cook County. Still wanting to see the world, Dr. Anjum moved toTexas and began practicing at Pulmonary Associates of Corpus Christi. In 2021,Dr. Anjum moved to Dallas and started practicing at Baylor Scott & WhiteMedical Center- Grapevine and joined Dallas Pulmonary and Critical Care in 2023.
Dr. Anjum not only prioritizes his patient’s care and well-being, but also believes in advancing knowledge through research and published works, which includes peer reviewed papers, books, abstracts, and international presentations. He has been serving in a leadership role at various levels forAmerican College of Chest Physicians since 2016. He goes out of his way to help educate the public by doing news appearances and community outreach presentations about various illnesses and public topics of concern. He was awarded the Healing Hero Award and Specialty Teaching Award from Christus Spohn Hospital in Corpus Christi, as well as the Physician of the Month from BaylorScott and White Medical Center-Grapevine.
In his spare time, Dr. Anjum is quite the foodie and enjoys traveling and spending time with his family.
- Fellowship in Pulmonary and Critical Care Medicine – Rush University/John H. Stronger Jr Hospital of Cook County – Chicago, IL
- Residency in Internal Medicine – Columbia University – New York, NY
- Internship in Medicine and Surgery – Ziauddin Medical University Hospital and Mayo Hospital/King Edward Medical College – Pakistan
- Medical School – Dow Medical College, Honors – Pakistan
- Board Certified in Internal Medicine since 2019
- Board Certified in Critical Care Medicine since 2014
- Board Certified in Pulmonary Medicine since 2013
- Baylor Scott & White Grapevine
AWARDS AND NEWS
- Physician of the Month – Baylor Scott & White Grapevine 2022
- Specialty Teaching Award – Texas A&M University/Christus Spohn Hospital 2016
- Healing Hero Award – Christus Spohn Hospital Shoreline 2016